Friday 26 October 2012

Another week in the life of a student

Well, having survived the journey into the abyss, or wearside as it's rather incorrectly known to the general public, I'm back in Leeds freezing my arse off due to 'costcutting' measures. It's very hard to type this actually, considering my fingers are purple from the cold, but I'll give it a shot.

I've got to say I'm satisfied with the result at the weekend (1-1 for anyone who doesn't have a TV or Internet) but having experienced one of the best defensive performances, and performances by a captain, in my lifetime I can't help but feel we should've won. Also, it wasn't a red card. Don't even try and argue that it was, because you will be shouted in the face by me calling you a sympathiser, and nobody wants that now do they? I don't want to divulge too much into the football, cos to be frank I could be here for days. I am not frank, however. I am Will, therefore I will not divulge.

At the moment I'm listening to the White Album, of course by the Beatles. I'm not sure why I'm listening to it, when there are many better Beatles albums to listen to, but I'm just giving it another chance as I believe everything deserves another chance. Take Danny Welbeck for instance. He was at sunderland (boooo!) on loan from Salford Reds, then returned to the Greater Manchester team. He could have moved elsewhere and been redeemed in my eyes, but I suppose leaving the Dark World behind and going back to Salford is some form of redemption, and now I appreciate his talents. He could be a great player and I hope to see him shine someday.

Now as you may or may not (mayn't? man't? mouldn't?) know I am a big comic book, and specifically superhero fan. The Norse god of thunder, Thor, is now more renowned for being a Marvel comics superhero. His 2011 debut film was pretty good (a solid 7/10), but his popularity boosted dramatically in 2012's The Avengers, which if you read my first blog is now one of my favourite films ever. On the back of that, Marvel is producing Thor 2, or Thor: The Dark World. I'm really looking forward to this as it proves two things: mackems are not human, as the Dark World in question is in fact an alien world; and that the whole world hates mackems and will pay to see anybody, but in this case Thor kill/slay them. They are scum, no doubt about that, and it's nice to see Hollywood listening to the public.

By the way, if you feel so inclined as to comment not to my face about this blog, then please leave a comment underneath if you can get that thing to work, or just comment on facebook or twitter or whatever. Also, if you love the blog, of course you do, then feel free to send some form of thank you gift, preferably some gloves or a nice woolly hat, or maybe a microwave (we still don't have one in the house and I'm dying to have one of those microwavable choccy puddings) then don't hesitate to contact me asking for my address.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment